Thursday, July 15, 2010

(15) Girls (and three guys) Just Wanna Have Fun!

Last Saturday night was my friend Lindsey's bachelorette party, and it was filled with good, clean (mostly) American girl (+3 guys) fun. Lindsey had no idea what was in store for her all night, and we even made her a participate in a photo scavenger hunt, where she had to take pictures of certain things, like "You with a Yankees or Mets fan" or "Everybody jumping" or "You wearing a life jacket." It was super fun, and we all had an amazing time. Here are a few pics for your amusement! (But first let me say how much I love the purplish hue in this photo. It's like were Smurfs, sort of.)



6 p.m. -- So the group started off at a Mexican restaurant near Union Square called Los Dos Molinos. In a word: YUMMY. Lindsey had a spicy pork burrito that nearly burned through her tongue while I played it safe with beef tacos. There were some pitchers of ale and prickly pear margaritas, and lots of laughter, of course. I think I also said something lame like, "Whoa, dude. Marriage! Can you believe it? You and Jeff, FOREVER."


8:30 p.m. -- Party Boat, baby! We hopped on the 6 train to South Street Seaport, where we hopped on a Circle Line Downtown tour yacht to experience their Liberty Cruise. For two hours, we sailed along the open seas (a.k.a. the Hudson River) and enjoyed fantastic views of New York's most legendary landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building and the Brooklyn Bridge. This voyage was a homage to Jeff and Lindsey, who got engaged on a similar kind of boat tour. Highlights included--dancing to lots of hip-hop songs that none of us knew; pointing to a part of the skyline and asking each other, "What building is that?"; and when Lindsey shouted "Shut up!" at someone in our group who interrupted her during an emotional "thank you for being my friends" speech.

11:30 p.m. -- Karaoke at the MK Lounge in Koreatown! Lindsey LOVES to sing, and she has an awesome voice, too (annoying, if you ask me), so there was no better way to celebrate the end of her life as a single gal. Because, let's face it, her singing days are OVER. (Kidding!) I happen to be known for picking terrible karaoke songs ("Buffalo Soldier", "We Are the World"--not kidding this time), but I didn't want to bring Lindsey down. So just stuck to the feel-good, easy-to-sing basics--"Bad Medicine" by Bon Jovi and "Material Girl" by Madonna. Highlights included--Lindsey's sultry rendition of "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles; Dave's thought-provoking take on "Radio Ga Ga"; and watching the ridiculous nonsense karaoke videos that go along with the music.

1 a.m. -- I got in a cab in went home (because I am weak--I admit it), but the party kept going on and on till the break of dawn. Lindsey and the group wound up meeting Jeff's bachelor party guests at a hotel for more tomfoolery. I am sorry that I missed it, because I hear they formed a human pyramid. What a jip!

Anyway, it was a fabulous night on the town and I look forward to Lindsey and Jeff's wedding on Saturday! Now I will leave you with a couple pics from Lindsey's photo scavenger hunt, which are particularly hilarious.







Lindsey in a life jacket.

















Everyone jumping in the air. (Man, I got some good height! Gotta be the blue dress.)












Lindsey wearing some kind of hat (which belonged to the guy on the left).













The group doing what a sign says--in this case, "No Standing."

No comments:

Post a Comment